UKSPA membership provides a wide range of benefits - download the Membership Benefits Checklist here.
These benefits include:
Being part of the UKSPA Knowledge and Information Network
- Make links with individual UKSPA members through our email and online networks
- Keep up-to-date by contactng the network with your questions
- Ask for advice and share ideas and good practice with other members
- Have access to a range of member only added value services on the UKSPA website – including conference reports, survey information and directories
- Play a part in the work of partner organisations including the UK Innovation Forum and the Institute of Knowledge Transfer.
Promoting your location and work
Your illustrated, comprehensive park profile with your contact details will be featured on the UKSPA website – which receives over 67,000 page impressions per month
- Your park profile with contact details will also appear in the Annual UKSPA Members’ Directory – an essential reference source with a circulation of around 2,000 copies
- Membership provides your tenant companies with the opportunity to advetise their news on the UKSPA website
- Enter the UKSPA award schemes that recognise achievement and best practice
- Send your press releases for promotion on the news section of the UKSPA website
- Submit articles and news content to ‘Innovation into Success’ the UKSPA periodical which has a circulation of over 4,800 copies
Members’ Meetings, events and networking
- Free places at three Members’ Meetings each year which include plenary sessions, workshops and social events
- Opportunities to share good practice and learn about latest developments from around the world
- Networking opportunites
- Significant discounts for UKSPA events
- Receive copies of UKSPA publications at heavily discounted prices. These range from the definitive ‘Planning, Development and Operation of Science Parks’ to assessments of the economic future of the sector and operational advice and good practice.
- Copies of UKSPA’s authoritative quarterly journal – Breakthrough – which provides news and features from leading figures in the Sector. These range from stories on cuurent initiatives and best practice through to special features from science parks, tenant companies and the wider science community.
Access to benchmarking information
- Benchmarking data park-to-park and region-to-region
- Reports and presentations for science park strategic planning meetings
- Participate in the UKSPA Annual Salary Survey
Innovation and Laboratory Space
- Advertise innovation space on the web
- A key resource enabling lab users and providers of laboratory facilites to make contact with each other
- The marketplace for available laboratory or office space, whether to rent or buy
Professional Development and Skills Development
- Develop your knowledge and specialist skill at UKSPA Members’ Meeting workshops
- Members receive first consideration for speaking and sponsorship opportunities, invitatations to join awards judging panel as well as advance/priority booking notice for activities
- Opportunities to work on international projects.
- Study for the UKSPA Diploma in Professional Development.