Engine Shed is a collaboration between Bristol City Council, the University of Bristol and the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership at the heart of Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone. Our vision is that the Bristol & Bath city region is a growing, inclusive and sustainable economy that benefits everyone who lives here, and is recognised internationally as innovative and dynamic.
Engine Shed is:
- Purpose-led. Engine Shed exists to create and support an inclusive and sustainable economy in the West of England. This focus guides all projects we pursue; it ensures we are not distracted by specific metrics or outputs, but rather supporting activities that will benefit the wider ecosystem.
- Future focused. Engine Shed doesn’t prioritise short-term wins. We run projects that may not have any immediate pay-off, but which will bring unlikely collaborators together around our shared purpose. We work to ensure our proposition is sustainable for the future, both financially and in terms of resource.
- Equality for all. Our door is open to all sectors. We’re proud of the 91 different languages spoken in the city and wider region. We believe that our strength is in our differences, and in working together for an outcome greater than our own.
- Generous with our space. Whether in the business lounge or in our event and meeting spaces, we try to accommodate everyone: school students, central government workshops, and art installations, to name but a few.
- A passionate network weaver. We bring unlikely collaborators together and invite competitors to work under the same roof. We encourage the public and private sectors to come out from their four walls and share space, conversation, and aspirations.
|Job title:||Assitant Venue Manager|
View larger map »
- Engine Shed celebrates 5th birthday and reflects on achievements to date
- Engine Shed arrivals lounge is looking for new passengers
- South West's scale up community boosted by launch of Engine Shed and West of England Growth Hub's new Growth Map
- Engine Shed launches Scale Up Generator website to support fast growth businesses
- Engine Shed on Tour students go back to primary school
20 Boardroom style, 20 Classroom style or 40 Theatre style.
Engage your delegates in the original-thinking space of Isambard Kingdom Brunel. With original Victorian features and a separate lobby area for your refreshments, Brunel’s Boardroom provides a sumptuous setting for meetings, training and presentations.
AV includes built in 3D-ready, 2,500 Lumens projector and HDMI & SVGA inputs projecting onto screen, and speakers with 1 lapel microphone.
Please note, if a larger venue is required this can be combined with the Breakout Room (below) to seat up to 60 people.
Brunel's Breakout Room
10 boardroom style or 16 theatre style.
This space is full of original features including the large oak doors and marble fireplace and can be used for smaller meetings or adjoined to Brunel’s Boardroom to create one large space or as a breakout room for workshops.
AV includes portable HD screen with SVGA and HDMI inputs.
Clock Tower Room
18 boardroom style, 30 classroom style or 40 theatre style
The Clock Tower Room is the old cash office from Brunel’s boardroom suite with some beautiful cornicing.
AV includes wall mounted LED screen with HDMI and VGA cables and plenty of power sockets for training sessions or board meetings.
8 boardroom style
The Station Master’s Office is a legacy of the world’s oldest railway station with its original marble fireplace – it provides an inspiring small meeting room.
AV includes 50'' screen on trolley stand with HDMI and VGA cables.
82 theatre style (mix of bleacher seats and chairs)
This space is part of the original engine shed and has a contemporary finish with an industrial feel – great for business breakfasts through to early evening briefings. The space has its own catering and networking area, high ceilings and is curtained off from the Business Lounge.
AV includes twin 55″screens with HDMI & SVGA inputs and a PA system with lectern microphone and two hand held microphones.