CEME innovation centre
CEME innovation centre
“We are very impressed and extremely grateful for the proactive level of interest and support that our Incubation Director at CEME Innovation Centre has provided”
CEME Innovation Centre provides the ideal workspace for start-up and growing companies within the technology sector. Offering flexible and professional premises with a range of business support services needed during the first vital years of operation.
CEME Innovation Centre is managed by Oxford Innovation on behalf of CEME Ltd. Companies based in the centre benefit from being located at the Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence (CEME), a catalyst at the heart of the technology revolution in the Thames Gateway area delivering business creation, business growth and skills acceleration for the local economy.
Serviced offices, studios and workshops are available to let on flexible terms, with as little as one month’s notice. The on-site meeting and conference rooms are ideal for client appointments or presentations and there’s a welcoming reception team to greet guests. The centre also provides virtual offices for those not ready for office space.
The centre differs from a standard business centre by offering a range of practical innovation and growth support that proactively encourages the development of start-ups, entrepreneurial and high-growth companies.
Supportive Office Environment
CEME Innovation Centre provides a professional base to work from, allowing businesses to grow within a lively environment where they will have access to the skills, knowledge and experience of similar individuals and companies often creating business opportunities and collaboration.
The modern building provides high specification, professional serviced office, workshop and studio space to over 50 early-stage technology businesses. The centre comprises of 20,000 sq. ft of premium business accommodation, ranging from 133 sq. ft to 945 sq. ft of space. With all IT and telephony infrastructure already in place and no installation costs or IT set up fees; all spaces are ready to occupy, with transparent monthly billing and full facilities management.
The centre is the ideal environment for start-up and early-stage companies. The costs are tightly controlled, there are no long term contracts and the day to day running of the offices is in safe hands, leaving companies to concentrate on growing their business
Companies at CEME Innovation Centre can benefit from the following:
- On-site Staff services and facilities management so the day to day running issues are taken care of
- Licence agreement with as little as one month’s notice period
- Post and Parcel handling service
- Reception service to greet visitors, helping provide a professional image
- Easy to predict, clear and transparent monthly charges
- Ability to upscale and downsize quickly
- On-site conference and meeting facilities available to hire on a daily and hourly rate
- Technical Support Package
- Access to superfast internet and telephony connections
Licence fee charges for the office space include all of the following:
- Service charges
- Business rates
- Heating, water and electricity
- Site management
- Reception services
- Buildings insurance and maintenance
- Maintenance of landscape and grounds
- Cleaning of communal areas and rubbish disposal from the central recycling and waste bin areas
- Use of 10,000 sq. ft of communal areas including lake side decking
CEME Innovation Centre offers virtual office packages designed to provide you with a professional image for your business, without incurring the cost of renting office space. Ideal for start-up companies, those on the road or working from home. There really isn’t a better way to get your business off the ground. Virtual customers are always able to upgrade to office space at a later date and benefit from a discounted fee.
Meeting and Conference Facilities
Through CEME Conference Centre, CEME Innovation Centre has a range of superb conference and meeting rooms available to hire by the hour or the day by internal or external companies. The Conference Centre is a modern 24 hour events and meetings venue located within the CEME Campus. The 19 contemporary meeting rooms, 120 seat auditorium and attractive outdoor space offers affordable, quality event solutions to meet all your event and meeting requirements.
The rooms are fully equipped with presentation equipment, free WiFi, ample parking, break-out space. Catering facilities are available on request. The experienced, professional reception team support bookings from start to finish; from arranging the catering to welcoming guests.
Through the on-site Incubation Director, CEME Innovation Centre provides support and advice for businesses to achieve their objectives, helping with vision, strategy and effective implementation. This is not a chargeable service but a core feature of a true innovation centre.
As part of the supportive environment within the centre, networking amongst customers is encouraged. Regular business networking events, as well as a range of training and learning events on relevant business topics in conjunction with partners, are held at the centre.
Technical Support Package
CEME Innovation Centre is able to offer access to a wide range of technical equipment and support, all based within the CEME Campus. For early stage businesses in the fields of engineering, product development or manufacturing, these facilities provide a crucial element of support.
The IT department is located on the CEME campus. There are no contracts or set up fees and the packages are completely flexible, allowing the companies to upgrade or downgrade as their requirements change.
The staff are trained and qualified with years of experience delivering and supporting various IT platforms, ensuring work is carried out to industry standards with the highest level of customer service.
CEME (Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence)
CEME is a world class business support, education and training campus. Part of the London Thames Gateway Regeneration Scheme, CEME was established to create jobs and businesses that are revitalising London’s industrial heartland.
It has a core focus on sustainable technologies, advanced manufacturing and knowledge led business sectors with specific targets to deliver skills enhancement to young people and adults, new business creation, inward investment and growth. CEME brings together a range of public and private sector partners to deliver education, training and skills for students at school and college, and local businesses.
CEME Innovation Centre is managed by Oxford Innovation, the UK’s leading business and innovation centre operator. Part of the SQW Group, which employs 180 staff, Oxford Innovation provide flexible office, laboratory, workshop and studio space to over 900 start-up and growing companies throughout a UK-wide network of business and innovation centres. For a full listing of Oxford Innovation’s centres, please visit the website at www.oxin-centres.co.uk.
Oxford Innovation also runs a range of business support programmes across the UK and three highly successful investment networks that link investors with entrepreneurs.
How to Find Us
CEME Innovation Centre is conveniently positioned on the A13 close to the M25, providing easy access to the City, Central London, London City Airport, the South East and East of England.
CEME Innovation Centre
Essex RM13 8EU
|Job title:||Assistant Centre Manager|
|Tel:||020 8596 5422|
View larger map »
West Wing - CEME Innovation Centre
The West Wing comprises a self-contained two story office suite benefitting form both BI and DI consent. It is therefore suitable for both office use and education and training.
The property provides a number of indvidual air conditioned offices and meeting rooms over both ground and first floor, in addition to a large open plan area.
Incubation Director / Resident Entrepreneur
CEME Launchpad Centre, Havering Greater London
CEME is seeking a part-time (0.6 FTE / 3 days per week) Incubation Director / Resident Entrepreneur with a strong business support record, entrepreneurial background and preferably experience in the manufacturing, engineering and technology (MET) sector. A proven ability to support clients in the field of innovation management is also important.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of our CEME Launchpad Centre – a newly refurbished building on the CEME campus with accommodation for approximately 30-40 occupiers, focused on supporting the growth of early stage technology businesses across The Thames Gateway and London.
About the Company:
The Centre for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence (CEME) is a world-class research, skills, education, innovation and business campus in East London. Our purpose is to provide an inspirational environment for learning and business growth.
The CEME Campus is situated on the A13 in Rainham, close to both Canary Wharf and the M25. Part of a £400m regeneration programme in East London, CEME was established in 2003 to provide skills, create jobs and businesses that are revitalising London’s industrial heartland. CEME is a UK registered charity and part of the London Thames Gateway Regeneration Scheme working in collaboration with public and private sector partners.
Reporting to: Commercial Director
- Build a strong innovation eco-system in the CEME Launchpad Centre, the London Riverside Opportunity Area (Havering, Barking and Dagenham), the Thames Gateway and London itself. Develop and actively engage with a strong network of contacts within the science, technology and innovation sectors locally, regionally and nationally and create opportunities to promote and develop the CEME Launchpad via this network.
- Provision of accessible business support to clients, signposting to external provision as appropriate
- Work with the centre team to ensure it exceeds revenue, economic development and other targets and regeneration KPIs
- Working with partners, ensure that a programme of relevant MET sector events is held at the centre
- Proactively promote and market CEME
- Demonstrate that businesses are more successful as a result of the package of support from CEME Launchpad Centre
- Build a strong alumni network for companies that have successfully graduated or moved-on from the centre
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Building upon existing capability, expertise and contacts take strategic leadership of business support for CEME Launchpad Centre
Build and leverage networks in key strategic sectors and markets to attract more appropriate businesses to CEME Launchpad Centre and the London Riverside Opportunity Area
Support MET sector entrepreneurs who are not tenants of The Launchpad Centre but have the potential for growth through an accelerator competition, which will include on line training, workshops and start-up coaching that will focus on the development of the business model, market and customer testing and building a robust business plan and financial route map for the new business idea.
- Contributing to the CEME Launchpad Centre marketing activities
- Lead on the delivery of activities and seminars that appeal most to our Launchpad Centre customers and other businesses in the London Riverside Opportunity Area (LROA).
- Support the Commercial Director in attracting new businesses to CEME Launchpad Centre and the London Riverside Opportunity Area
Project / Account management
- Measure, monitor and deliver outputs versus previously agreed milestones to keep the CEME Launchpad Project on track.
- Capture progress of businesses and report developments and achievements to the Project Board.
- Compiling monthly and quarterly monitoring and management reports for CEME, Havering Council and Greater London Authority (GLA), attending review meetings with the CEME Commercial Director as required
- Writing professional, high quality reports
- Dealing with client and centre issues confidentially with an awareness of political sensitivities
- Managing interfaces with other teams within CEME, London Borough og Havering Council and GLA
- Active and enthusiastic contribution to the development of CEME’s Launchpad Centre value proposition
- Strong track record in delivering business support
- Entrepreneurial background
Experience in the manufacturing, engineering and technology sector, or experience in providing business support to these sector
SFEDI accreditation (preferable but not essential)
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to the following address:
Tom Ashby, Commercial Director
CEME Marsh Way Rainham Essex RM13 8EU