SPECIALIST PROPERTY EXPERTISE TO HELP COLLABORATION, SCIENCE AND INNOVATION
We work across UK and specifically the ‘Golden Triangle’ of Oxford, Cambridge and London with the world’s leading research universities, life science and R&D organisations, the financial technology sector, aerospace businesses and even the motorsports industry.
We have a science & technology agency team that draws on various fields of expertise and work with clients who currently hold, or wish to hold, R&D property as an investment, and investors to identify opportunities and assess potential.
We provide advice on over 10 million sq. ft. of R&D space in the UK – more than any other advisor
We have provided exceptional advice to the owners of Cambridge Science Park (Trinity College) since its inception in 1970. We understand the needs of Science base organisations and can deliver buildings that their business’ can excel.
Here are some of the key areas where we can help science and technology organisations:
- Providing exceptional advice to developers that promote scientific excellence and collaboration
- Designing creative working environments
- Developing buildings
- Managing premises
- Investing in science and technology property
|Tel:||01223 559 443|
Case Study: Cambridge Science Park
Cambridge Science Park, Trinity College
Bidwells has been working with Trinity College Cambridge on Cambridge Science Park since the inception of Cambridge Science Park, the first and most successful European Science Park. Bidwells offers a whole range of services that has ensured the successful evolution of the park over its 40 plus years.
What we do:
- Bidwells actively manages Cambridge Science Park to be the number 1 destination for R&D business in not just Cambridge but the whole of Europe
- Current build space will increase from 1.6 million sq ft to over 2 million sq ft over the next five years. Increasing employment from 6 – 8,000 people
- Bidwells provides a full suite of services to Trinity including asset management, project management, funding, letting, development consultancy and strategic review
- Pro-actively drive new development
- Look after all current tenants and encourage to stay and grow
- The park is currently 100% let
- Rents up by 20% since 2014
- First phase is now being regenerated with nearly 200,000 sq ft of construction on site
- Major growth from existing companies and inward investment
Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Liberty Property Trust & Countryside Properties
The concept of the Cambridge Biomedical Campus was formed in 1999 by Addenbrooke’s Hospital, the landowner of the site south-east of Cambridge.
The site was already a hub of research, education and patient care but Addenbrooke’s formed a plan – called the 2020 Vision – to transform it into a world-leading biomedical centre to attract leading commercial organisations in the research and biomedical fields. Bidwells have advised since the beginning.
Liberty Property Trust and Countryside Properties were brought in as developers for the 3.1 million sq ft scheme. In 2010, the Medical Research Council signed a deal to house its Laboratory of Molecular Biology in a new 330,000 sq ft facility on the site – providing the scope to develop the infrastructure for the rest of the Campus.
But it was the choice of international biomedical research and pharmaceutical company, AstraZeneca, to relocate its global HQ to a 875,000 sq ft site on the Campus that was the game changer for this project. Addenbrooke’s 2020 Vision has already become a reality.
Our clients always had the vision of the Campus as a world-leading biomedical centre rather than a conventional science park. The Cambridge Biomedical Campus offers unrivalled facilities in a specially designed environment to enable companies to flourish in this fast-growing sector. Will Heigham, Partner